Friday, July 20, 2007

So yesterday another one of my clients was transfered to another hospital because our hospital does not have the tools necessary to help her. I am not sure if I ever told you but there is no medical equipment in this hospital. Anyway her name was Mensa Bertha. She was 62 years old and absolutely beautiful. She was in the hospital because she had stomach surgery. She was discharged the 2 weeks ago but did not leave because her incision had not healed properly. I am so excited I have pictures with her so you can all meet her. When we took our picture I showed her what it looked like on the display screen and she started laughing. I asked her why she was laughing and she said, you are so white and I am so black. It was very funny. I told her I was going to miss her, and that I wished her many blessings, she grabbed my hand looked at me and started to cry. She said "you are so beautiful, thank you" She said it in Tri which made it even more special because I knew what she was saying. I started to cry, we hugged and I left the room. She was great, I am going to miss her.
It is weird to think my time here is coming to an end. I am not ready to leave, but I am looking forward to Eroupe. How do I say goodbye to my friends that I have made here. It so sad to think about, and very hard to type because it makes me cry. I am going to miss this place. Where did all the time go. Tomorrow I am going to Kumasi, I am really looking forward to that.
Love you all!

3 comments:

Jazz said...

Lisa,

What a trip!! I can't wait to see all of your pictures and hear your stories again so I can match up their faces. Safe travels! I send you much love.

Kisses and Hugs!!

George said...

It is always amazing to me how we go to places to be a blessing and we get blessed so many times over. It is so great!

Vivian said...

Lisa, when you get back do you plan on posting pics on here too?
That would be awesome.

George, we just can't outgive God. It sure is fun trying though. =)