Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Happy Birthday Dad! Love you!!

So how do you say goodbye? These people let me into their lives, and then we developed relationships. I love them so much. I have never felt the weight of the word goodbye like I am feeling it now.
E-mail is not the same, I am going to miss the friendships I have made here.
E-mails do not have a voice. Every tear that I shed feels sooo incredibly heavy. I have never experienced this kind of sadness before. I am not sure how to deal with it.
My roomie was trying to cheer me up today, and she read a passage to me from one of the books I brought with me. It talks about relationships and the kind of energy you put into them, and if they burn up like a star you will never find your way back to that kind of relationship again. At least I can say that the relationships I have created here are something of great substance.
I am really at a loss for words right now. I will type again tomorrow...I hope.

4 comments:

George said...

Something tells me you will find your way back to Africa one day.

Imagine a rock being tossed into a still lake. That is how your work will continue on. I truly believe that even though you are leaving, the "ripples" of your love will continue on.

Joseph said...

thank you for the birthday commentary Lisa,

I am very proud of you for what you have been able to do. Remember always that things that become part of us never let us leave where we have been so in a way you will always have a part of where you are with you. Enjoy the rest of your trip and know I love you.

Anonymous said...

I know you don't want to leave but I am selfish and I miss you. I'm so glad that I will get to see you soon. Please be safe in Europe and have fun.

Jazz said...

Lisa,

You are amazing. This adventure has changed you so much. You will forever be blessed by this experience so it won't ever be far from your heart. I love you.